Perspective Student Shadow/Tour Days
Come be a Sentinel for a Day!!
Parents/Students who are interested will need to contact the Partnership Office to schedule 702-799-4710-ex 4087
Shadow Days will be held on the following dates:
- September 10th, 18th
- October 2nd, 14th, 22nd, 29th
- November 5th, 12th, 18th, 20th
- December 3rd, 5th
1. Attendance: We recommend a pre-arranged absence for your student at their home school. We will provide your child with a note of attendance to take back to their home school.
2. Lunch: If your child normally purchases lunch, we recommend you provide your child with $5.00 to purchase lunch, snacks or drinks. You may also send them with a bagged lunch. If your child receives lunch through the school lunch program, please make sure they know their Student@ and they may purchase lunch with it.
3. Dress Code: VTCTA students dress in Standard Student Attire. Please have your child wear black, navy, or khaki pants and a collared shirt in white, navy, black or heather grey or Carolina blue.
4. Arrival: Please plan on being at Veterans between 7:00-7:10. You will need to sign in at the front desk and you will be met by someone from the Magnet Office and a Student Ambassador. Who will escort you to your program classes throughout the day and lunch.
Parents have the option to be given an optional school tour. Please just let us know when you check in.
5.Departure: Please plan on picking your child up promptly at 1:30 in the front office.
Not able to dedicate an entire day with a Shadow Day.....We are more than happy to give you and your parents a VIP tour of our facilities! Tours take approximately 45 minutes to complete.
Come see our beautiful campus, which houses our Law Enforcement Simulator, Ambulance Simulator, 911 Dispatch Training Center, and our Forensics Crime Scene Lab!
Please call 702-799-4710 ext 4087 at least 24 hrs. in advance.
You can also give yourself a virtual tour by viewing pictures in the albums located under the Student Life tab, or click on the Youtube or Facebook icons at the top of the page.